Monday 29 March 2010

Mean Girls and Gender Annoyances.

I love Mean Girls (2004) it's a film I cannot stop watching, I love my female friends but I have just this to say...

Why is it implied that all women MUST or at least SHOULD get along? I don't see films where men are thrown together near the end and forced to like each other. Just because you have a uterus doesn't mean we have to get along. There are lots of people who will just never get along a shared gender is not enough common ground sadly.

It is also an issue that there is ALOT of sexism towards men floating about in recent years who recalls CBB 09? There was a classic line by Tina Malone 'no man tells me what to do' - so if a woman pointed out your flaws and asked you something you'd do it? what does being a man have to do with it. I also cannot believe Ulrika Jonsson won after what Latoya correctly pointed out her 'dancing eyes', that is her sly looks of contempt, rolling eyes and generally being passive aggressive. Quite frankly at least Coolio was straight and forthright with his opinions.
This sexism towards men extends to adverts; a recent Pizza Hut ad, where a mother patronisingly remarks on her son being able to do laundry, in my (admittedly limited) experience men have no problem doing laundry whatsoever. If it was the other way around, with a woman being mocked for doing something, there would be hell up!

Finally not all women are nice:
http://listverse.com/2007/09/09/top-10-most-evil-women/
They miss out Maggie Thatcher lol, and I'm sure you can think of many women you quite frankly NEVER want to see, talk to or hear about again.
Oooh controversial.

No comments:

Post a Comment